Wednesday 2 January 2008

Happy New Merry!

Well Christmas and New Year passed without too many hitches.

Just before Christmas I came home from work late one night and Scott rowed over in the dingy to collect me. Getting in the Dingy - no problem, getting out another matter entirely! Scott explained it all to me during the journey, stand in the middle of the dingy, get hold of the ladder then transfer your weight across quickly but smoothly. Sounds easy!?! Try it! I got hold of the ladder, stopped to think about what I was doing and the dingy started to drift away from the ladder, with me still holding on to it. Scott told me to leave go of the ladder and sit down, did I listen? Of course not - the ladder was the only thing not moving at that point I wasn't letting go for anyone. Next thing I was knocked backwards into the dingy - Scott says he was aiming to push me across the chest but he actually got me right across the nose. Still at least he saved me from falling face first into freezing cold water. Second attempt was much more successful and we got aboard.

Father Christmas found us - Phil from The Concle was most concerned that Father Christmas would deliver all Saff's presents to the pub since that's where everything else goes - and he managed to fulfill Saff's order.

Saff's birthday wasn't quite so good though, she spent the whole day with her head in a bucket and decided it was the worst birthday ever. Scott then succumbed to whatever it was Saff had, the result of which being today is the first day any of us have eaten properly since Christmas!

Severe weather warnings - snow on the way, mind you with the wind we've got at the moment snow will hit Hull before it lands anyway!

No comments: